Monday, April 6, 2009

Toasted Almond Chicken


There is another one of my favorites from Easy Weeknight Favorites... This will taste very rich and fancy but is SO simple!

Toasted Almond Chicken
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 16 min.

6 skinless/boneless chicken breast halves
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
(I know... not healthy but YUMMY!)
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
(I use about 4 because I like a strong mustard flavor)
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (2.25oz) package sliced almonds, toasted
(I usually don't toast them... I just throw them in to save time)


Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness (I never do this... I just cook the chicken a little longer), Sprinkle with salt and pepper

Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and chicken.

Reduce heat to medium; add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients to skillet, stirring well. Add chicken; sprinkle with almonds, and cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Yields 6

* I like to serve with sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes and green beans

No comments: