Monday, March 30, 2009

Shrimp And Red Pepper Pasta

Okay... this is YUMMY! TJ and I wanted seconds and thirds! :) I hope you try it because it is SO easy and takes less than 30 minutes to make! This recipe is from my FAVORITE cookbook, Easy Weeknight Favorites, from Southern Living. ENJOY!

Sorry, this photo is from my cell phone...


3/4 cup Ranch (I used 1 cup- I like Ranch!)
1 (3-oz) package shredded parmesan cheese
8 oz. dried angel hair pasta, uncooked
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 pound peeled medium sized fresh shrimp
(I used frozed cooked shrimp because it was easy and less work)
1 (12 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
(I bought mine already cut up to make it easier)
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Combine
salad dressing and cheese; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat; add mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.( I just cooked my mushrooms and shrimp together for about 3 min because my shrimp were already cooked). Drain excess liquid.

Combine hot cooked pasta, salad dressing mixture, shrimp mixture, red pepper strips, basil, and pepper in a large bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield 4 servings.

No comments: