Monday, February 22, 2010

"Sunday Night Pizza" - Chicken Veggie Pizza


This isn't so much of a recipe as it is a throw-together meal... which is nice!
Almost every Sunday night Jason and I eat pizza. We occasionally try to find a somewhat healthier version than ordering from Papa John's and here's the latest that I've come up with... we really enjoyed it!

*Boboli (or any brand) thin, wheat pizza crust
*Pizza Sauce (I usually use Ragu)
*Grilled Chicken (we usually have leftovers, or make some to keep for leftovers the next night, or I've used Rotisserie chicken or prepackaged grilled chicken)
*Veggies to your liking- mushrooms, squash, zucchini, red or green peppers, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, etc.
*Cheese (I like a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar)

I cut my veggies into bite-sized slices and then saute them in olive oil and a little seasoning just until they're tender.
Layer sauce, chicken, half of your cheese, some veggies, other half of your cheese, then the rest of your veggies.

Bake according to the directions on the pizza crust package. Usually 450 degrees for 8 minutes.

So yummy!

No comments: